I think this will be my last journal for this before mid term semester. So, after I’ve been thinking for a while what I should write, I decide to write about something illegal. To show you readers that I’m still a law student, lol!
When you do something wrong or against the law, you suppose to be punished by an officer. Because we all Thai are living under the constitutional law, which means, we have to obey the law. But, in case of some people who are dishonest, they always try to find the way not to be punished when they do something wrong. For example, when you drive through the red traffic light, the traffic policeman ask you to pay fine or ask you to show him your driver license, but you refuse to do that so you give him a bribe. But, as you know, to bribe the officer is illegal.
To do something illegal, that means you do something against the law or may be something is that prohibited or not authorized by law. As the bribery law stands, to get arrested for giving or taking a bribe. Like the example above, but it may be another case like the lobbyist must say to the politician, "I am giving you this bag full of money to pay you to vote for this tax loophole or that patent protection for my client, the Swag and Boodle Corporation." That is also involved as bribery. So, bribery is illegal. There are some civil laws about the bribery. Think of if all people bribe the officer, there is no need to have a law. Because you can’t punish or be punished in any case. If you have money, it is okay for you to bribe or to pay and then go. So, I think bribery is surely illegal in Thailand. But there are still many people or even some of the member of parliament who do bribe the officer in order to be punished by the law.
The best way, try not to against the law. So, there is no problem. Or may be if you unfortunately do something against the law by accident, you must admit your fault and take a disciplinary action. That is the way a good people do when she or he is against the law. I, as a law student, I know that bribery is not good and illegal so I won’t bribe anyone to do anything for me. Money isn’t everything. If money is everything then why we still need laws. Laws ruled us all. We have to respect the law and execute it. In making a great harmony for our country. Or to make a standard for our supporting life. And there are still many merits if you obey the law. Laws affects everyday life and society in a variety of ways.
That means, if we obey the law, there will be many goods following.
1 comment:
Nice speech. I hope you can bring more enforcement of the law into this country. Cause without it laws are just words on a piece of paper that nobody reads.
Post a Comment